Yoga 4 Change is looking for a Social Media Intern. The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and posting on our three (3) social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion, optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis. Those looking to gain valuable online media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the on-site Social Media Manager to create and implement campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for company brands
- Monitor analytics with social media team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging blog and social media content
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support to our marketing team at live and online even
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- 2+ years experience in social media/marketing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Google+
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
The Web Development Volunteer will work closely with the Executive Director and Yoga 4 Change staff on a variety of digital projects. The intern will conceptualize and manage the organization’s website as well as format and design electronic newsletters for staff and supporters. This position helps to extend the resources of Yoga 4 Change in order to better assist and meet the needs of our community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance and updating for the back-end of Y4C’s public website.
- Publish approved content on Y4C various social media platforms.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Y4C staff, and Y4C board members to develop content for the Y4C public website, electronic newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Publish and distribute electronic newsletters using Constant Contact.
- Limited copywriting and editing of website and newsletter content.
- Support the office team by answering phones professionally and sensitively.
- Proficiency in technical web development tools (WordPress, Squarespace, etc.) and firm grasp of the back-end digital space.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and related Adobe products.
- Proficiency in in Microsoft Office and social media platforms.
- Impeccable grammatical, spelling, and proofreading abilities.
- Familiarity with MailChimp and Mac platform a plus.
Yoga 4 Change is looking for an Event Support Volunteer who will work closely with the Executive Director and Y4C staff. The Events Support Volunteer will be responsible for all aspects of event planning and management. He/she will work with Y4C to meet outreach targets and support campaigns with on-the-ground promotion. The events coordinator will directly contribute to sustaining Y4C’s programming by increasing public awareness of the organization and its campaigns, and by building the organization’s presence in local communities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The events coordinator will:
- Establish a quarterly event plan to identify opportunities for event participation
- Create event proposals which support specific campaign goals or fundraising targets
- Coordinate online and offline promotion of event
- Assist with negotiating contracts for events, including venue booking, food/beverages, audiovisual support and event signage
- Act as primary point of contact with vendors for all event-related matters
- Assist with on-site management of event, including set-up, tear-down and supervision of volunteers where applicable
- Event planning/management or project management experience
- Ability to balance multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well independently