Join us as we discover the power yoga can have to empower various military communities.
Topics include distinctions between “yogic culture” and “military culture” and why they matter, trauma-sensitive teaching guidelines and precautions to consider, adjustments for various physical disabilities and limitations and how to address physical and/or psycho-emotional challenges.
By going in depth into these topics (and others) teachers will walk away having a better sense as to how to best prepare for a class, as well as how to maintain a secure environment for students – no matter who shows up. The training will also cover guidelines to teaching trauma – sensitive yoga and meditation, and also give modifications for:
- able-bodied service members with and without PTSD
- older veterans with physical limitation with and without PTSD
- veterans with MST (military sexual trauma)
- veterans suffering from major physical limitation to include TBI, spinal cord injuries and amputations
- veterans and service-members in wheelchairs
Book needed for the weekend:
Best Practice for Yoga with Veterans